Friday, February 1, 2013

Chocolate Banana Snack Cake

Trial and error, trial and error, trial and error.....not that I'm tired of this recipe, exactly, but it definitely took longer to get "right" than many of the others.....  So, elevated frustration but a solid recipe in the end.  I'm sure I'll be back with other renditions eventually, but...this is where it stands for now.  (I'm not sure what kind of cake you will get if you use regular brown rice flour; the nuts.com flour I have is ground more finely than most of the others.  Regular grind usually produces a gritty texture in cakes so do your best to use something finer.)

Chocolate Banana Snack Cake - I use a sprayed 8x8 Pyrex

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Cream together:
1/4 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Add til blended:
3 mashed bananas, fairly large ones...
2 eggs
3/4 cup low fat buttermilk

Combine and add to creamed mixture:
1/2 cup + 2 T sweet white sorghum flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, I use Dutch
1/4 cup superfine brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt, if using unsalted butter

Spread evenly in pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes...til toothpick comes out clean near the edge and barely shy of clean in the center.  Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.  (OK, so try anyway...)

I still need to try this with some mini chocolate chips.....it will happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment