Sunday, February 10, 2013

So...I found this awesome BBQ sauce...

How do I say this without sounding like I've completely lost my mind.....?!?!?  I'm over-the-top crazy for this BBQ sauce!  The original recipe can be found at www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-challenge/music-city-pig-pals-tangy-barbecue-sauce-recipe/index.html as submitted by Lee and Bobbie McWright.  I've changed it just a little and will rewrite it here with the ingredient amounts and twists that I prefer.....as those who have tasted it now know it and may want to replicate it exactly!  As always, make certain your ingredients are ALL g-free.  

My take on Music City Pig Pals Tangy Barbecue Sauce

Mix everything together in a saucepan:
1 cup ketchup (I use real-sugar-only, no HFCS)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, REALLY PACKED and slightly too full
scant tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
6 T apple cider vinegar
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T Worcestershire sauce (GF!)
2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup water
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika

Bring to simmer over low, stirring when needed, and simmer for a good 30-40 minutes.  I let mine go a little longer as it does get a tad bit thicker that way.  Store in the frig.  Glass is best, as they suggest, so you can use every last drop!!!  

I will post the pulled pork that I've been making to put under this stuff...although, it goes down nicely with shredded beef, chicken.....or just straight off the spoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment