Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Baked Black Bean Chicken Filling (or Dip?)

I really don't know what to call this...except tasty!!  It was suggested that it looks like enchilada filling but it scoops up nicely with tortilla chips.  I dumped a pile on some leftover brown rice pasta.....so it would be at home on a pile of rice, too.  Regardless, it was easy and good so I thought I should post it!  Inspiration was taken from several ideas I found online while procrastinating.....  I'm sure you could use whatever ground meat you have.  Feel free to spice it up more; add some kick!  I'd like to add some minced jalapeno with the garlic next time!!

Baked Black Bean Chicken Whatever-you-want-to-call-it

1 pound ground chicken, cooked til no pink                                 Set oven to 350F.
1 large clove garlic, minced - added to chicken when nearly done

1 tsp cumin                          Add spices to pan; stir and cook a minute, til fragrant.
1 tsp chili powder
heavy 1/2 tsp oregano, crushed
1-8 ounce can tomato sauce                            Add sauce, salsa, and beans to pan.
1 cup salsa (I used chunky medium)                      Stir to combine.  Spread in 7x11
2 cans black beans, drained (15 ounces each)                       pan.  Top with cheese.
1-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (your call)                  Bake til hot, ~30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment