Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Oat Flour Pancakes

The title is long but I wanted you to know exactly what this recipe is all about!  I got this in my head one morning and couldn't shake it out; I had no choice but to try it.  I did a quick search but wasn't satisfied, as usual, with what I found so off to the kitchen I went.  I apologize for using extra large eggs here but they were only two cents more per dozen than large eggs...so that's what I bought.  You could adjust the moisture slightly if you have only large eggs.  Also, I usually have buttermilk on hand but made do with what I had.  I'm sure you could substitute 1 C for the yogurt/water and come out with the same result.

If you make the pumpkin oat bites, you'll have the perfect amount of pumpkin left from a 15-oz can to use for these!

The original recipe was found on bakingwholegrains.com

PUMPKIN SPICE OAT FLOUR PANCAKES

1 1/2 C oat flour (g-free, of course!)      Mix all dry ingredients together.
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
dash salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg

2 extra-large eggs, whisk til yolks are completely mixed with whites
1/2 C pumpkin puree, slightly rounded
1/2 C Greek yogurt                               Whisk in remaining 'wet' ingredients to the
1/2 C water                                             whisked eggs.  Whisk in dry ingredients.
1 T pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

I use my 10" Calphalon Unison pan, adding a dot of butter for good measure.

Heat pan on low until ready.  Add batter to make three or four small pancakes, less than the size of your palm, no more than about four inches in diameter each.  Cook for approximately three minutes; the glossy tops will turn dull.  Flip.  It will take another three minutes for the second side, maybe slightly more.  

These are quite filling!  I swirl pure maple syrup over each one as I make my short stack and am happy for hours!  You can always up the spices or change them to suit.  DO try them, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment