Monday, January 25, 2016

Gluten-Free Pork Chops (Shake & Bake style)

I acquired the original recipe for this nearly two decades ago and have zero recall as to where I found it.  From the local newspaper, if I had to guess.  Of course, it called for regular flour but we dealt with that along the way!  Feel free to increase the spices to suit your taste.  I think using smoked paprika and a bit more of it is a really good idea!  Bonus:  It takes less than 15 minutes to throw together!

G-FREE SHAKE & BAKE STYLE PORK CHOPS         Set oven:  425 F

4-6 Rib or Loin Chops, 1/2"-3/4" thick (I love using boneless!)

Place all dry ingredients in a plastic bag, shaking to mix well.
3 T yellow cornmeal
3 T sorghum flour
1 1/2 tsp ground sage
3/4 tsp granulated onion
1/2 tsp paprika (Spanish smoked paprika is fantastic!)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Dip chops in milk (I use cashew milk.)  Coat as thoroughly as possible.  Placing one chop in the bag at a time, press dry mixture onto all sides of each chop. Place chops on a rack in a shallow pan.  If any mixture remains, I press a little more onto each chopBake for 30-35 minutes.  (I have a silly habit of turning them over for the last five minutes or so; there are usually a few spots of the flour mixture that I want the juices to work on!)  Use an instant read thermometer if you have any doubts about doneness.  I've never let them bake beyond 40 minutes.  They cross the line into too-dry very quickly so checking is better than not!

I'm sorry it took me so long to remember to post this one.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment