Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Waffles

The season for chocolate.....wait, that's not right.  Chocolate is always in season!!!  I do what I have to do when I need chocolate and this happened yesterday.  Fast and easy.  It might need to happen again tomorrow.....

G-FREE CHOCOLATE WAFFLES

1/2 cup sweet white sorghum flour          Combine first eight ingredients.  Mix well.
1/2 cup superfine brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup "Dutch" cocoa (what I had...)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/8 tsp fine sea salt

2 large eggs, room temp                     Whisk eggs first.  Add vanilla and buttermilk.
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (shake well before measuring)    (Get your waffle iron going.)

4 T unsalted butter, melted                  Add butter and sugar to egg mixture.
1/2 cup sugar                                    Carefully whisk dry ingredients into wet.
                                                      
Allow mixture to set til waffle iron is ready.  I had better results when I had the temp just a tad below the highest point on the dial...I turned it back to that point after the first waffle turned out a bit too dark and crispy!  You know your waffle iron; do what you need to do!

I thought about spreading peanut butter on one but the thought of raspberry jam and mini chocolate chips kept the peanut butter jar on the shelf!!  Let me know how you enjoyed yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment