Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Basic GF Banana Bread - Minis

I had this recipe months ago...and misplaced it!  Maddening...  Original procured from whippedtheblog.  Really like this one!

Oh, one word of warning...do not measure with a heavy hand.  Simply spoon your flours into the measuring cup, level, and move on.  No shaking or tapping to level it.  You can easily overload the dry ingredients that way and end up with a very dry product.  And that's just not cool...

BASIC BANANA BREAD - makes 3 mini loaves (I use Wilton mini pans-I spray mine)  

1/4 cup butter, gently melted (I use unsalted) - set aside.  Set oven: 350 degrees F.

1/2 cup sweet white sorghum flour      Combine all dry ingredients thoroughly!
1/2 cup superfine brown rice flour
1/4 cup teff flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 tsp baking soda (NO lumps)
1/4 tsp (kosher) salt
3/4 cup sugar *** (original calls for 1 cup; way too sweet for me!)

2 eggs...lightly beaten in mixing bowl.  Add and mash
3 large ripe bananas, mixing well.    Stir in blended dry AND melted butter.

Evenly distribute between the three pans.  Bake about 30 minutes, best to check by 27 minutes, til tops are lightly browned, spring back when touched, using the clean-toothpick gauge, if you can avoid banana lumps!

Cool in pans 5-10 minutes then dump out on a rack to finish cooling.  (Yeah, right...I'll bet not!)

You can easily add to this recipe...spices, nuts, etc.  I usually leave it be.  It's basic but sometimes plain is pretty darn tasty! 

***  I tried this with NO sugar and, while it definitely creates smaller loaves that are obviously less sweet, it works!  I did add an extra small banana to it though.  Still, one "little cutie" tried to consume half of a mini loaf all by himself one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment